PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Barcode fuzzing and brute forcing app idea, plus off topic question about B&N Nook

From: Michael Miller <mike.mikemiller () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:31:17 -0700

I don't think it would be to different from a rooted android phone.  I
took a look at the nookdevs site and saw the warning about 3g data
access. "3G is for B&N resources only, if you truly think you spent
$259 $199 for unlimited 3G for life, you're delusional."  I can think
of a number of things they could be doing to lock network side down to
B&N content only.  The upside is it looks like you can use any SIM
card you want.  They must be using DNS so that might be a option to
get around the network restrictions.  I've thought about getting a
nook to play around as well.  If the price was right and it is looking
really good right now.  It looks like you can use ADB via USB so you
should be able to run just about anything on the nook.  It looks like
I'll be doing more research as well.

-mmiller