PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: networking command comparison between OS X and Linux

From: Jim Halfpenny <jim.halfpenny () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:38:48 +0100

I think it is better to state cause and effect relationships.

Q. Given this command on Linux/OSX what is the coresponding command in
OSX/Linux.

Bear in mind that if you want the effects to be persistent then
different OS versions will require different commands. Maybe we can
create a rosetta stone for different scenarios e.g.

Q How do I change the IP address of an interface in <OS>

Regards,
Jim