PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Presentation Advice

From: Jack Daniel <jackadaniel () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 21:49:58 -0400

Non IT folks? Aim low.  That is not a shot at the audience, just that they
may not get the significance of everything you show, and they may not
understand the ease or difficulty of the attacks.  Simplify the message, and
repeat it.

Ask what the one thing is you want them to take away, and a couple of points
you would consider bonuses- and focus on those.

If you can get the demo to work, great- but the demo gods are vengeful, have
a backup plan and don't fumble around if it is clear the demo is going to
fail- move on.

Good luck, and good for stepping up to do the education, we all need to do
more of it.

Jack