PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Episode212 and WarVox

From: "Champ Clark III [Softwink]" <champ () softwink com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:51:35 -0400

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:29:43AM -0400, Adam Moyer wrote:
I just got done listening to Episode212, and would like to ask the question
what equipment works best with Warvox? Can you give me the WarVox equipment
some of you use, whats your WarVox Rig?
I am just starting out and would like this information so I know exactly
what hardware I need to purchase to use on my Dell Inspiron 600m that is
running BackTrack.
Thanks for any Help you can provide.

        A PC and Linux.  You don't need additional hardware.  Hence the
beauty of VoIP and Wardialing.

        I really thought ep212 was great,  but there where a couple of
little things I'd like to bring up.  For example,  you guys where
talking about paying for SIT (Special information tones).  If you're
call is supervising & your getting a SIT,  then you're likely getting
a fake SIT and that should be flagged.

        Basically,  if a call gives a SIT,  rings out,  busy, etc with
VoIP,  that should be a non-supervised condition (no answer).  If you get a
busy, ringout or SIT _with_ supervision,  you need to flag that,
because something is trying to "fool" you.  For example,  using the
SIT tones on your answer machine use to "fool" telemarketers back in the
day.  However,  they wised up and that stuff doesnt work any more. They
"look" for supervision....

        That only place war dialing where I've found this doesn't hold
try is Iran.  War dialing Iran,  no matter what the SIT/Ring/Busy,  you
pay for it.

        Anyways.. great show guys! :)"

--
        Champ Clark III | Softwink, Inc | 800-538-9357 x 101
                     http://www.softwink.com

GPG Key ID: 58A2A58F
Key fingerprint = 7734 2A1C 007D 581E BDF7  6AD5 0F1F 655F 58A2 A58F
If it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.