PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: video card recommendations for new system

From: Tyler Robinson <pcimpressions () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 14:09:06 -0700

The 5770 crossfired would be faster for sure however you are comparable
enough in performance with a single card and the option to add another later
I would think that would be a better option other things to consider; brand,
some brands have high clock speeds and option for OC(overclocking) or even
overclocked from factory also look at your memory and the number pipelines
you have plus verify your motherboard supports x16 speed on both pci X slots
even with 2 cards this will help you decided if 2 cards is more benificial
than 1. Check out the charts on tomshardware usually the 3dmark06 scores are
a good baseline for perfomance overall.
Let me know if you have any other questions I would be glad to answer any
other questions the best I can.
Tyler
On Nov 14, 2010 1:36 PM, "Carlos Perez" <carlos_perez () darkoperator com>