PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Blocking new devices with UDEV?

From: Michael Miller <mike.mikemiller () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 13:28:11 -0700

So after looking at udev and figuring out how sysfs and hotplug all
play into this.  I think what your looking for is USB device
authorization.

Take a look at the following.
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/usb/authorization.txt

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek () irongeek com> wrote:
Thanks, but the first thing there mention is loading a kernel without USB,
which is not really a workable option on recent hardware. The rest seems to
be about just USB flash drives. I suppose I can black list the HID modules,
but that would also cause issues. What I really need is to be selective
about what devices it let's install.

Thanks,
Adrian

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Tidball, Christopher