PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Logmein Alternatives for Linux?

From: Mike Patterson <mike () snowcrash ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:40:11 -0500

On 2010/12/22 9:19 AM, Craig Freyman wrote:
I am a big fan of Logmein for Windows and Mac boxes but since
it isn't available for Linux, what do you use instead? VNC? Teamviewer?
FreeNX? I'm just curious to see what others like to use.

What's your purpose, to see your own desktop or somebody else's?

Former - ssh -X has never steered me wrong.

Latter - never needed to, but the answer would likely be "it depends".
VNC, likely.

(If in the former situation "ssh doesn't work, what else might I do" the
proper response might be "then it's likely for a reason, stop subverting
security."  :) )

Mike