PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: SSL vs IPSec VPNs

From: Kerry <kerry.milestone () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:50:32 +0100

Remembering that with IPv6, IPSec is part of the protocol it may make
sense to use IPsec and at the same time a good chance for yourself to
gather learning about how it works.

From:  http://ipv6.com/articles/security/IPsec.htm

IPsec is a mandatory component for IPv6, and therefore, the IPsec
security model is required to be supported for all IPv6
implementations in near future. In IPv6, IPsec is implemented using
the AH authentication header and the ESP extension header. Since at
the present moment, IPv4 IPsec is available in nearly all client and
server OS platforms, the IPSec IPv6 advanced security can be deployed
by IT administrators immediately, without changing applications or
networks.