PaulDotCom mailing list archives

user permissions needed to run handle.exe

From: craig bowser <reswob10 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 17:37:27 -0500

Does anyone know what user perms are needed to run the sysinternal tool
handles.exe?  The same permissions also allow you to view handles in
procexp.exe and nirsoft's openedfilesview.exe

while I am using a domain admin, I still get "Error loading driver: access
denied"   googling that error turns up numerous forum saying that I must
have 'Debug Programs" permission.  But even after I add myself (both
explicitly and by administrators group), I still get the error.

Any ideas?

Basically I'm trying to find out what process/user has a certain file locked
preventing SCCM from installing patches.

Thanks.

Craig L Bowser