PaulDotCom mailing list archives

NetworkMiner 1.0 released to SourceForge today!

From: Erik Hjelmvik <erik.hjelmvik () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:46:37 +0100

Hello all!

NetworkMiner is now is stable and mature enough to advance to version "1.0".
I have therefore released NetworkMiner 1.0 on SourceForge today!

Here are some new features in NetworkMiner since the previous version:

* Support for Per-Packet Information header (WTAP_ENCAP_PPI) as used
by Kismet and sometimes Wireshark WiFi sniffing.
* Extraction of Facebook as well as Twitter messages into the message
tab. Added support to extract emails sent with Microsoft Hotmail (I.e.
Windows Live) into Messages tab.
* Extraction of twitter passwords from when settings are changed.
Facebook user account names are also extracted (but not Facebook
passwords).
* Extraction of gmailchat parameter from cookies in order to identify
users through their Google account logins.
* Protocol parser for Syslog. Syslog messages are displayed on the
Parameter tab.

You can download NetworkMiner from any of the following urls:

http://www.netresec.com/?page=NetworkMiner
http://sourceforge.net/projects/networkminer/
http://networkminer.sourceforge.net/

Please help me spread the word about the 1.0 release to others!

/erik