PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: recovering office files--FREE

From: Sherif El-Deeb <archeldeeb () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 07:00:47 +0300

ok, I'll tell you little more to help you get started:

1- Boot her machine with backtrack "looks like your favorite"
2- determine the name of the internal HDD, the formatted one "fdisk
-l", I'll assume it's /dev/sda "make sure you chose 'sda' not 'sda1 or
sda2'
3- connect an external USB HDD to the machine, get its name "/dev/sdb1"
4- mount the external USB HDD to anywhere "mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb"

then run the following commands :
cd /mnt/usb
foremost -T -i /dev/sda

All the commands I described above are pretty much harmless, but be
careful nevertheless, it's powerful stuff your're dealing with :) if
in doubt, just ask before actually doing something.

Sherif Eldeeb.