PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Locked down laptop help

From: k41zen Me <k41zen () me com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 07:44:40 +0100

I need to get some user data of a laptop. I have written permission to do whats necessary. What I don't have is a lot
of time.

Laptop is running Vista SP1 fully patched up to Jan 2011. System is bitlockered. I have the users cached creds and the
bitlocker PIN so logging in as the user is not a problem. System has a software VPN solution on it but certificate has
failed rendering the NIC useless and removing a whole heap of remote options.

System is locked down so that:

    1) 3rd party app stops devices from being attached to the laptop (USB, Expresscard, PCI, serial & parallel ports,
firewire)
    2) User has CD/DVD read but not write
    3) user account rights are very limited
    4) whitelist in place with mixture of GPO's and 3rd party app to limit what the user can run and from where on the
system
    5) cannot stop services
    6) cannot delete files to break security apps or stop services
    7) local admin account has been disabled
    8) FW configured to only allow out DNS and VPN traffic to establish session
    9) user cannot renew VPN cert

I dont have bitlocker recovery PIN so booting into safe mode or placing drive into another machine is a no go. Also not
stored in AD.

I can't see any other ways to extend to functionality of the laptop so am now into privilege escalation. With all the
meassures in place anyone know of anything that would work?

TIA

k41zen