PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: RawCap - a new network sniffer for Windows

From: Tom McCredie <tom () mccredie co>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:08:02 +0100

Nice :-)
On Apr 10, 2011 4:20 PM, "Erik Hjelmvik" <erik.hjelmvik () gmail com> wrote:
Hello guys,

I have just now released a new sniffing tools called RawCap.
It is a raw socket sniffer for Windows that is tiny (17kB) and very
reliable.

RawCap is primarily designed for Incident Response, but can just as
well be used in a penetration test.
Here are some of RawCap's features that can come in handy in a pen-test:
* Can sniff most interface types, including WiFi and PPP interfaces
* Can sniff anything that has got an IP address, including 127.0.0.1
(localhost/loopback)
* All you need is the file RawCap.exe (17 kB), no installation or
external libraries or DLL's needed

You can read more about RawCap on my blog:

http://www.netresec.com/?page=Blog&month=2011-04&post=RawCap-sniffer-for-Windows-released

Or visit the RawCap download page:
http://www.netresec.com/?page=RawCap

Enjoy!