PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Nessus Plugin ID #10399 - SMB Use Domain SID to Enumerate Users

From: Cody Dumont <CDumont () nwnit com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:35:56 -0400

Thanks for the quick response, I will talk to my customer and see if they
have usernames that begin with a "#" sign.

On 4/19/11 8:24 AM, "Paul Asadoorian" <paul () pauldotcom com> wrote:

Hey Cody,

I don't see anything in the plugin code that would place a "#" character
in the plugin output.  This was either put in the user name when the
user was created (if that is even a valid character) or is some weird
windows thing.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Cheers,
Paul