PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Security Tips For The Small Business From 70, 000 Feet

From: Adrian Crenshaw <irongeek () irongeek com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 14:58:00 -0400

Michael Dickey, thanks for the feed back.

5.K1dd, I see your point. Truth be told, attackers may not want the small
business' data directly, but they sure are easily caught in a net looking
for low hanging fruit. I imagine they are somewhat justified from the
standpoint of not being the focus of a targeted attack(baring disgruntled
workers/customers), but everyone is worth something as one more set of nodes
in a bot net.  I wonder how many bot net owners scour all new machines in
their network for PII that would be useful for identity fraud?

Adrian