PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Security Assessment: Mobile Application on Windows Mobile 6

From: Dimitrios Kapsalis <dimitrios () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:27:22 -0600

Having some difficulty setting this up on BT5. Maybe someone can see what I
am missing.

My set up is as follows.

Devices:
* BT5 running in VMWare
* WM6 device

Both devices are in the same network segment.

The steps I took to configure the set up are:

1. Enable IP Forwarding
    $ echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
2. Set up ip tables rules to forward to port 8888 where my HTTP Proxy is
listening. Tried multiple different ports and checked to ensure nothing is
already running on them before settnig up the redirect.
    $ iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port
8888
3. Ensure the ip tables command stuck by executing below command.
Everything looks ok.
    $ iptables -t nat -L -n -v
4. Started ettercap in text only mode.
    $ ettercap -TqM arp:remote /<ip of wm6 device>/ /<Gateway IP>/
5. Ensured HTTP Proxy was running.
6. Ran ettercap plugin to check if the poison was occurring and everything
check out.
7. Tried to browser to a resource using the browser on the device. No
traffic was redirected to the proxy. Instead it looks like no connection
was ever established. When checking connections in ettercap, I only see
connections for DNS on port 53.

Anything I have missed?

Thanks.