PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Auto Searching Nessus Plugins

From: Ben Jackson <bbj () mayhemiclabs com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 13:44:08 -0400

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Dan McGinn-Combs <dgcombs () gmail com> wrote:
I'm putting together an automated reporting tool which pulls discovered
vulnerability plugin ID's from a database and generates a report of the top,
say, five. Rather than reporting the Plugin-ID, I'd like to do a quick,
automated search on the Nessus site and pull down the NAME of the ID. Is
there any way to do that short of crafting a clever CURL command?

You can use Perl :) -- Script attached

bbj@roscoe:~$ perl nessussearch.pl 55532
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Client Installed
bbj@roscoe:~$

I would recommend Paul's approach and have something cached locally
though, no sense in hammering Nessus' servers.

Shouts to byte_bucket post posting his simple command line solution in
the IRC channel to start me down this path.

--
Ben Jackson - Mayhemic Labs
bbj () mayhemiclabs com - http://www.mayhemiclabs.com - +1-508-296-0267