PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: how to setup an SNAT rule in Firewall Builder

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:38:04 +0100

On 16 October 2012 03:10, Michael D. Wood <mike () itsecuritypros org> wrote:
Robin,

From the research I've done, it almost looks like it could be the order in the way the rules are being processed.
You had mentioned everything works fine when you wipe the rules out and add the one manually, is there another rule
that you have in place possibly causing it not to work, or getting processed first?  Just an idea...

http://www.faqs.org/docs/iptables/traversingoftables.html

It could be, plus this has just given me the idea to extract the rule
that fwbuilder is creating for this and then clearing the rules and
running just that on its own. If that works then it is the ordering or
something else that is being set, if that fails then it is the rule
that is at fault.

Robin