PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: iPhone Parental Control Software?

From: Brian Erdelyi <brian_erdelyi () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 18:41:45 -0400

Hi Aron.  You forgot to mention email :)

iOS configuration utility is pretty much what is available for parental controls.  You believe you will have to look
into enterprise-like services/features.

For example, with iOS configuration profiles you could require all traffic go through a proxy server.  From the proxy
server you monitor or block access as required.  Some ISPs (AT&T and Bell had offerings like this) provide services of
a proxy server for parental controls but they may not work from other networks.

Interesting question about SMS txt messages (or FaceTime or iMessage).  Companies do exist to help archive SMS messages
but I've never looked into this on the iPhone.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone