PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Python and asynchronous sockets question

From: allison nixon <elsakoo () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:06:17 -0500

Say I'm writing a broadscanner for a pet project and I accidentally wrote
the entire thing in Python.

Using asyncore and sockets, the best I can get is 3 http requests per
second, maybe 10 per second at the very max.  For a scanner this is of
course, very lame.

My goal is to of course make as many http request as a desktop computer
will handle, so perhaps 200 per second with whatever number of sockets
waiting in the background for a response(which I check periodically for a
response and parse when I get it)

Is there any way I can acheive 200 requests per second without learning
another programming language?