PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Suggestions for Open Source Internet Security Gateway Distro/Product

From: Jim Halfpenny <jim.halfpenny () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 20:18:15 +0100

From memory Untangle requires you basically ARP poison your network. One to
avoid in my opinion. Depending on your level of expertise there is nothing
on your list that a regular Linux distro cannot do. If it is a learning
exercise then maybe you want to go down that route.

I've used smoothwall in the long distant past and it's worked well. If I
recall that was looking a bit long in the tooth but maybe things have moved
on since I last checked.You'll get wizards and GUIs to help you along.
pfSense is not on your list, you might want to look at that too.

Regards,
Jim