PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: [Security Weekly] decrypting HTTPS/SSL traffic

From: Kevin Shaw <kevin.lee.shaw () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:08:09 -0400

Robin,

You can plug the certificates into wireshark and read the traffic.
On Jul 25, 2014 5:05 PM, "Robin Wood" <robin@digi.ninja> wrote:

I'll start by saying I asked this in March so it's been a while since I
was playing with all this. Guess the mail got stuck somewhere.

What I was trying to do was just see how easy it was to decrypt traffic if
the certificate could be aquired. This was before Heartbleed but going back
to it now I'm sure there are plenty of certificates lying around now. I
know they can be used to set up fake sites but being able to decrypt as
well is just a useful extra skill.

Robin