Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] "Type-of-webserver"-scanner?

From: Guy Cohen <guy () CRYPTO ORG IL>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:48:23 +0200

I used the tool unicodecheck.pl and modify it just a bit .. (too bit)

Johan.Augustsson <Johan.Augustsson () ADM GU SE> wrote:
I've been 'ordered' to find out how many webservers there are in our
network and devide them into Apache and IIS. So I ran nmap for port 80 in a
small area of our network and found a bunch of servers running some kind of
http-servers. Is there any nice tool out there which connects to the target
at port 80 and get the servertype for me or do I have to telnet all those
servers at port 80 and manually check each server? I guess I could code
something in Perl, but I'm not a great coder so thats not an option.  :)

Johan Augustsson