Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] IDS Testing

From: Talisker <Talisker () NETWORKINTRUSION CO UK>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:36:53 -0000

Roger

RealSecure should now be able to detect a Fragrouter attack
http://www.anzen.com/research/nidsbench/fragrouter.html but there might be
some mileage in trying it.
Siden sounds pretty good claiming " The current SIDEN architecture allows
you to simulate coordinated/distributed network probes by a group of
attackers" http://siden.sourceforge.net/
Robert Graham will be releasing a tool called sidestep which he claims
bypasses most NIDS except BlackICE. I'd rather not provide the URL until he
releases it fully.

Andy
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk
Talisker's Network Security Tools List
                    '''
                 (0 0)
  | The geek shall        |
  |  Inherit the earth     |
               |__|__|
                  || ||
              ooO Ooo
talisker () networkintrusion co uk

The opinions contained within this transmission are entirely my own, and do
not necessarily reflect those of my employer.