Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Linux

From: "Dunker, Noah" <NDunker () FISHNETSECURITY COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 18:06:33 -0600

Stock Red Hat 6.2 with no patches?

I've had some luck with the following:

The Dump and Restore vulnerabilities (local):
http://packetstorm.securify.com/0011-exploits/dump.sh

The SUIDPERL / Mailx mess (local):
http://packetstorm.securify.com/0008-exploits/suidperlhack.pl

The rpc.statd REMOTE ROOT:
(url not available, I have the source though.)  I think it
was called "statdx2.c" and it was on www.hack.co.za, which is
down right now.  Maybe find an up-to-date mirror, if exists?

these are all lame script-kiddie exploits that
are still actively being used.  Anyone who keeps up on
their patches will have fixed all of these.

--Noah dunker