Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Deeper Penetration

From: "J. Oquendo" <intrusion () ENGINEER COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:16:26 -0500

It's hard for something like Tivoli, or a reporting or monitoring tool that is installed on the domain and running
agents, not to be installed as a privileged

Thats what groups are for and hopefully people don't forget that. Its also a good thing to run little neat toys like
sudo aliong with expect scripts an networks which needs access levels at a higher norm than typical "mom-and-pop"
networks.

sudo + ipsec + expect over tunneling is probably the best way to have something like Tivoli or any other montoring
service set up in my opinion. Sure its a bit of a b#tch to set up but thats the fun part.

For someone breaking into something, those services that are running as accounts other than LocalSystem or local
accounts, can be a great thing to find!

For someone configuring these services I would hope they would be more clueful when assessing security. Then again if
this were so many security gurus would be poor :O

sil () disgraced org
sil () antioffline com

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com