Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Ethics Scenario

From: "Gallicchio, Florindo (2282)" <florindo.gallicchio () ESAVIO COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 17:20:21 -0400

We certainly do not do this!  I take a very dim view of this type of
solicitation.  If I were the recipient of the call from a company poking at
my site, I'd think the following:

1.  The opportunists say they were "just poking around," but I'd wonder if
they were doing more than that.  I'd probably call the authorities.

2.  The opportunists don't know how to legitimately market their services
and cold call potential customers.  I'd dismiss them as amateurs.

I'm not saying that your company is one of these opportunists, but you would
certainly look like it to many people.  I'd stick with the traditional
methods that consulting companies use.

Florindo