Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Forensic analisys and related training

From: "Dude, Bacano" <bacano () ESOTERICA PT>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:06:02 WET

Hi2all,

To my surprise, I qualify for NONE of the trainings in the US
because
a- I am not a US citizen (no green cards allowed)
b- I do not work for a government agency or law enforcement.
c- I am nota FORTUNE 50 company

Can someone please tell me why this discrimination? And can anyone
be able to train people like me?

Reasons for discrimination are those one you did refer, those
entities still think that Education also have 'exportation legal
issues' (what a shame!! and of course what a joke, bad joke :/).
Other point is that they may think that only gov or law dudes need to
be educated (witch is true, but there are many others ... 'common'
people like me or you).

Workaround: if you can do this WITHOUT breaking any laws, try to
prove to those entities that they also may need some education, and
in some points you can help them. Like offer your self for
translations to spanish or something (use another e-mail address,
diferent from the one they allready know)... then you will not get
the cources, but you will get for free all trainning documentation.
Be social my friend ... be social =;o)

I hope 'social-pen-test' is not off topic eheh

[  ]'s bacano

Esta mensagem foi enviada usando o WebPOP II.
http://www.via-net-works.pt/email