Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Web Site Snarf

From: Craig Whytock <c.whytock () DELPHIC CO UK>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:42:27 +0000

"Adams, MarkRobert" wrote:

Is there a way to basically dump an entire web site, even if there are Java
Scripts running?  I've tried Teleport Pro, but I was unable to do it.  What
I need to do is duplicate a web site, including the directory structure, so
I can look for vulns.  The problem is that there are Java scripts which get
in the way.  Anyone know of a tool which gets around this?

Mark Adams
KPMG LLP
mradams () kpmg com

Wget is pretty good at the job,  from the manpage

Create a mirror image of fly's web (with the same directory structure
the original has), up to six recursion levels, with only one try per
document, saving the verbose output to log file 'log':
 wget -r -l6 -t1 -o log http://fly.cc.fer.hr/

Though I personally use something a little simpler e.g.
wget -kr http://www.delphic.co.uk -Ddelphic.co.uk

Meaning, get the url converting links to local where the hosts followed in the
links matche the domain *delphic.co.uk.

Craig Whytock

--
Craig Whytock                     c.whytock () delphic co uk
Solaris Administrator                 Delphic Interactive