Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Papers on security architecture implementation ...

From: "Aurobindo (Robin) Sundaram (+1 512 331 3743)" <sundaram () AUSTIN APC SLB COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:50:13 -0500

Hi,

I've seen lots of white papers from vendors (Sun, Netscape, etc.) about a
high level strategy for ensuring network security (thou must do firewalls,
thou must do encryption, etc..), but not a single one of how a company
actually implemented a security architecture, what threats they were
concerned about, and how they solved them in the architecture, the
evolution of the architecture, etc..

Does anyone have these references? I know the folks at Intel wrote a paper
on their screened router architecture, but I can't find it anymore :-(

Thanks,
Robin