Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Cost of Penetration Testing

From: Jim Miller <MillerJ () FABSSB COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:55:22 -0500

Curious what a penetration test would cost.  Since the scope can be quite different in each perception, I'll try to
define the test:

An Internet site with 3 URLs, one of which is secured by password access, to prevent private banking information from
becoming public.  There are 3 servers, all of which are secured via firewalls.  All are running Windows NT ver.5.  We
need an assurrance that the site is relatively hackerproof;  we would prefer to know that it is nearly impossible to
hack, but I know that will never be possible.  We are interested in protecting a regulated banking environment.

Any more info needed, please ask.