Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pwdump2 with UNICODE?

From: "Lists" <lists () ironcomet com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 23:15:03 -0400

Hello all.

I wanted to thank everyone for the responses.

Here is my quick summary. I got CmdAsp.asp and uploaded it to the server. By
the way, I used upload.asp to get things up to the server. After running
cmdasp.asp, I was able to run pwdump2 and get the hashes. They are running
through a cracker as we speak. CmdAsp.asp seems to work really well.

As far as the \repair\sam._ file, I was unable to get this file to copy.
Everything I tried got access denied. However, it really doesn't matter as I
succeeded in "getting the hashes" as required for this test.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's input on this. It was very helpful.

Allen Archer

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/