Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: buffer overflows

From: Dave Ryan <dave.ryan () eircom net>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:30:43 +0100

I'm looking for a good buffer overflow tutorial. I know some 16bit assembler
using NASM and have experience in perl under win32. I want to code buffer
overflows under Windows NT/2K. Can anyone point me in the right direction,
up to date examples further reading etc.

http://www.hack.co.za/index.php?osid=277 <-- decent repository
http://www.phrack.org/show.php?p=55&a=15 <-- specific to NT

try some of the talks on blackhat.com aswell.

--
Dave Ryan               Computer Incident Response Team
dave.ryan () eircom net Eircom Multimedia

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/