Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Expand right under Win2K

From: Nelson <stderr () UNREAL SEKURE ORG>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:44:52 -0200

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Beauregard, Claude Q wrote:

If I remember corectly Cybercop incorporates a password cracker that doesn't
require access to the SAM file but I believe this is for NT 3.51 and 4.0.
However I assume they are keeping up with Win2k so they may have
incorporated some changes.

In version 5.5, Cybercop has the ability to Crack UNIX passwords only, but
it has a tool named "SMBGrind", that can do a "Dictonary Attack" against
NTLM Auth, i believe.

But, in the same version, 5.5, the Cybercop Scanner can test if lsasecrets
can be obtained. I can remember, but in the last test I made, was possible
to obtain "lsasecrets" against WinNT SP5. Hmmm... I don't know...

Sem mais,
--
Nelson Brito
Security Analyst && Penetration Tester