Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Enumerate virtual websites on IIS

From: Malf Easance <malf_easance () usa net>
Date: 16 Jul 2001 19:28:37 EDT

Hello Fellow pentesters

I'm working on a blind test and found an IIS
server that is apparently running virtual
hosting multiple websites on the same IP address

HTTP/1.0 is refused wants the format like:

HTTP/1.1
host:
(I don't know the host sites by name)

Is there a way to get IIS to spill a list
of all the 'host:' entries.

I've tried DNS PTR lookups but it seems as
though multiple addresses are bound to the
interface as well, so I'm not sure I got
them all.

TIA,

Malf

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/