Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Rational Requisite Web shows location of projects in html

From: Mads Rasmussen <mads () cit com br>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:00:12 -0300

On Monday 30 July 2001 21:06, you wrote:
By in front, do you mean they are using a reverse proxy to relay requests
to the IIS server?  Definately an interesting approach to security, seems
you should be bale to exploit unicode through it though, maybe I will set
one up here and try it.

Yes

They have a entrance in the apache httpd.conf like this:

#
# http://reqweb.bla.com.br/
#
Listen 200.xx.xx.x:80
<VirtualHost efactory.bla.com.br:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster () bla com br
DocumentRoot /home/www/reqweb
ServerName reqweb.bla.com.br
ErrorLog logs/reqweb-error_log
TransferLog logs/reqweb-access_log
Options FollowSymLinks
ProxyRemote * http://200.xx.xx.yy:81/
ProxyPass /reqweb http://reqweb.bla.com.br/reqweb
ProxyPassReverse /reqweb http://reqweb.bla.com.br/reqweb
</VirtualHost>

As you can see the 200.xx.xx.yy has a reverse proxy on port 81.

Just I am not really confident that something might pass through, you're the
only one that responded, have any ideas as of what tests to run?

Regards,

Mads

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/