Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: win2000

From: Alex Butcher <alex () s3 integralis co uk>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 10:10:29 +0100

walter valenti wrote:
I'm doing a pen test on a network via VPN with CheckPoint SecureClient.

I can't use a Linux box, why the customer not provides us the client for
linux but only for win98,NT,2000.

Sadly, there is no native SecureClient product for Linux yet. FreeS/WAN
<http://www.freeswan.org/> gives IPSec capabilities to Linux but will
require configuration on the firewall side as a VPN site. Your customer
may not be prepared to do this.

I use 2000, why using NT the nmap(nt) don't work on a VPN.

=> I'v got two problem: find a good and efficient tool for 2000 like
NESSUS;
built the raw socket on 2000 (the Net::RawIP of Perl is only for *nix),
there is some library in C?

I would use <http://www.phoneboy.com/faq/0244.html> as a starting point
and use my usual collection of *nix tools. You'll need to make sure the
customer isn't using the firewall component of SecureClient to enforce a
security policy on the *client* machines *as well* as the firewall (as
per <http://www.phoneboy.com/faq/0390.html>).

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher                                      PGP/GnuPG Key IDs:
Consultant, S3 Systems Security Services          alex@s3       B7709088

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA) Service
For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which automatically alerts you to
the latest security vulnerabilities please see:

https://alerts.securityfocus.com/