Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Full Disclosure Conversation

From: Alfred Huger <ah () securityfocus com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:15:34 -0700 (MST)

Heya Folks,

A number of people have posted messages around the recent 'Disclosure'
policy that has come as a result of the recent MS Trusted Computing
Conferance. In particular people are posting around provisions that would
directly impact penetration testers.

I was at the conferance and do (I know this will shock you) have some
strong opinions about the issues at hand. However I would like to wait
until some of the dust settles on this before we break into discussion
about it. This is a sensitive topic and many of us tend to get heated
when discussing it, so let's wait a few weeks until this plays itself out
a little more before we open discussion. If people post in a few weeks I
will be happy to open it up to discussion then.

Cheers,
-al

VP Engineering
SecurityFocus
"Vae Victis"

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/