Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability Scanner

From: <johnny () ihackstuff com>
Date: 14 Nov 2001 18:11:33 -0000

Mailer: SecurityFocus

*ahem* Thanks, David, for the H.E.A.T. plug but it's
worth clarifying that I'm not a member of CDC (Cult
of the Dead Cow). This picture on my web page may
be what's confusing things:
http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/pentagon/image3.htm.

Yes, that's me, yes that's my gear, and yes those are
CDC stickers, but I fear Veggie (not to mention my
company) would squish me if I claimed CDC
membership. ;-)

Anyhow, H.E.A.T. does, in fact, crush. I've personally
used it successfully on hundreds of assessments
and served a stint as a developer, so I think that
qualifies my opinion as educated. *<8^)

<shamelessPlug>Anyone posessing a familiarity with
other similar tools will really appreciate the blinding
speed and depth of probing that H.E.A.T. offers. Give
it a whirl at http://www.heatscanner.com
</shamelessPlug>

Take care,
Johnny

http://johnny.ihackstuff.com
mail://johnny () ihackstuff com

From: dlnester () mail mdanderson org

All,

You may wish to checkout Heat Scanner.  Among
the development team for this
application is a member from Cult of the Dead Cow
(http://www.cultdeadcow.com/).
Good stuff.

http://www.heatscanner.com/

David

banner motd #
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. #

--------
This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security
Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus'
SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security
vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/