Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Terminal Serives

From: "Don Weber" <Don () AirLink com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:27:07 -0700

are there any ways to get into a terminal services session, or is there a
brute force method of signing into a terminal services session on win2k
server, if so, what is the most effective way of monitoring attempts or
actual access to a terminal session installed as remote management tool
only. I'd like to keep the functionality available since I use it quite
often, yet want to make sure it is secure "enough"

Don

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/