Penetration Testing mailing list archives

iXsecurity.tool.wavestumbler.1.0.2

From: patrik.karlsson () ixsecurity com
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:03:22 +0100

When performing Wireless pentests it's usually helpful to be able to perform a
scan for Access Points in the area. For windows the tool that comes to mind for
most people might be NetStumbler (http://www.netstumbler.com). Netstumbler
supports Hermes based cards such as Lucent/Agere, Compaq, ....

Me I prefer the OpenSource Linux way, thats why I tried to implement a
netstumbler
like tool in Linux. It consist of a kernel-patch and an application that does
the actual
scanning. It is still in development, and kind of stable (at least sometimes :).

It can be found at:
http://www.cqure.net/wavestumbler

For an other excellent tool, for Cisco cards, have a look at Kismet at
http://www.nerv-un.net/~dragorn/kismet/

Regards,
Patrik Karlsson, iXsecurity

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/