Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Exchange Banner

From: Michael Ray <miker () cotse com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:19:16 -0500

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:54:36 -0700, you wrote:

I am trying to locate the info on Modified Exchange Banners... to no avail.

Anyone got any links or ideas?  Our client want's to mask it.

Regards,
Dr B

SMTP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q281224&;

POP/IMAP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q303513

Also look at the guides compiled by the NSA on securing Exchange 5.5
and 2000 for other things you can do in addition to banner changes.

Exchange 5.5:
http://nsa1.www.conxion.com/emailexec/guides/eec-2.pdf

Exchange 2000:
http://nsa1.www.conxion.com/win2k/guides/w2k-21.pdf

All guides:
http://nsa1.www.conxion.com/index.html

Mike

--
Michael Ray
http://www.cotse.com

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/