Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability scanners

From: "Jeff Williams @ Aspect" <jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:02:48 -0500

I wasn't very clear in my first message on this.  I was trying to say ONE
day per week, not full time.  I think you're right.

Rob Shein wrote:
I seriously question
the notion that nessus scanning of a class C on a weekly basis is a
full-time job.

That's at least a day a week of effort for someone (probably
more to generate a very nice report and summaries).

--Jeff

Jeff Williams
Aspect Security, Inc.
http://www.aspectsecurity.com

top spam and e-mail risk at the gateway.
SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam & viruses
and gives you the reports to prove it. See exactly how much
junk never even makes it in the door. Free 30-day trial:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfptl1