Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: HTTPS Web site testing

From: Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux <saruman () northernhacking org>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:21:07 -0400

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 11:31:27AM -0600, Robert Smith wrote:

I apologize if this is a simple question.
I am testing a HTTPS web site for a vulnerability and need to do a "POST
/blah.html /etc...." command and get the results back.
I have tried using IE with Achilles, but IE prepends a GET before the POST
which invalidates the result. Opera works the same.
Is there a way to do this through Achilles or another proxy or any other
method so I can examine the web page output?

        How about using nc through stunnel? Both are available for Win32
and *nix.

Alex