Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Mock Penentration Test Site

From: Robert Rich <rrich () gstisecurity com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:50:47 -0400

WebGoat at OWASP is one option with a J2EE flavor...  I've never used it myself,
so I can't vouch for its effectiveness...but the OWASP folks seem to work pretty
hard at putting quality stuff together.

http://www.owasp.org/software/webgoat.html

Quoting Tim <tim-pentest () sentinelchicken org>:

I am trying to create a Red Teaming Exercise and I was wondering if
anyone knows of a full site I can download that will.  Anything will
do as an example, with CGI, PHP, JSP , ASP, forms and database.
Basically anything that will resemble a real site with real
vulnerabilities.  i dotn have the time to build a fully functioning
site from scratch and no one at work wants to give me one.  Can anyone
help?

Well, you could always set up an installation of PHPNuke or PHPbb.  They
seem to have plenty of holes in them already for you to exploit... ;-)

Even if their current versions are well-patched, I am sure it would be
easy to slip in a few XSS and SQL injection holes.

tim

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes are
guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction
with one of our expert instructors. Check out our Advanced Hacking course,
learn to write exploits and attack security infrastructure. Attend a course
taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing
experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an
Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/InfoSecInstitute_pen-test_040817

--
Robert Rich
Global Security Technologies, Inc.