Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: database scanning tools

From: "Gus Fritschie" <gfritschie () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:03:52 -0500

It is my understanding that ISS does not support this product anymore.

From: okrehel () loews com
To: "Gus Fritschie" <gfritschie () hotmail com>
CC: pen-test () securityfocus com
Subject: Re: database scanning tools
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:18:37 -0500

Gus,

ISS has database scanner, here is some info about it.
http://www.windowsitpro.com/SQLServer/Article/ArticleID/16059/16059.html

Probably is more expensive as any others database scanners.

Ondrej

             "Gus Fritschie"
             <gfritschie@hotma
             il.com>                                                    To
                                       pen-test () securityfocus com
             12/15/2005 10:14                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       database scanning tools

I am looking to puchase a database vulnerability scanning tool for our
company.  I have used the tools from NGSSoftware in the past and have been
pretty happy.  But I wanted to see if there were other ones that you would
recommend that I take a look at.

Thnaks!

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers
are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for
vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers
do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831