Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: DHCP Query

From: James Eaton-Lee <james.mailing () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 11:36:54 +0000

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 16:01 +0530, Inspiration wrote:
Dear All,

 I'm looking out for some security documents relating to DHCP and a
differentiator pointing out if Static IP addressing is beneficial or DHCP.
Number of nodes would be 300+. It would be great if someone could point out
the security concerns relating to DHCP.

I did a presentation on this for a talk I recently gave in Dundee. Some
of the headings are a bit off because I was cramming material from what
was originally an essay into a presentation lasting about 45 minutes,
but most of the technical information is fairly accurate, so you're
welcome to it if you want it.

Available under Creative Commons Attribution/Sharealike 2.5 at
http://www.jeremiad.org/download.shtml

 - James.

--
James (njan) Eaton-Lee | 10807960
Semper Monemus Sed Non Audiunt, Ergo Lartus - (Jean-Croix)

sites: http://www.bsrf.org.uk - http://www.security-forums.com
ca:    https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3