Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pentest Letter of Achievement/Certificate

From: "blowfish 448" <blowfish448 () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:29:18 +0200

Tom, Ralph,

thanks for the input, and I totally agree. Should have been paying more attention to the wording I used. It's not so much providing a certificate of success, here I agree with your arguments, but rather an objective statement of penetration testing has been executed at a certain period in time on infrastructure X at customer Y by company Z. This so they can show to their customer base they take security serious
and have undergone testing.

From my experience in the financial market customers and partners - e.g.
other banks -
of financial organisations asking for such proof is absolutely not so uncommon.

Thanks